PDA

View Full Version : Zenith Jets Won't Budge

Kiloengineer
12-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Hi all,
trying to rebuild my Zenith 36 IV and 2 of the jets just won't budge, they seem corroded in place but not sure. And of course they have now started to strip around the screwdriver slot. I have soaked them in WD40 with no effect. I thought about heating the emulsion block up but I am worried about distorting it. If I drill them out I worry about hitting the soft aluminum. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Jason.

bkreutz
12-31-2011, 12:42 AM
WD40 won't do anything with corrosion(wasn't designed for it), PB Blaster or Kroil is a rust penetrating oil. Another hint is get your hands on some gunsmith screwdrivers, the tips are parallel ground and won't damage the slots as easily as the tapered tips that are on normal screwdrivers.

Lance
12-31-2011, 10:20 AM
I assume you are taking them out to clean them or make sure they are clean. I have used guitar strings when I have had that problem (they are very strong,flexable & small) and push the wire through the jets in the carb to know they are clean. That way you don't distroy anything but the jets are clean. I also have had good luck with PB blaster. Walmart carries it.

Kiloengineer
12-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Hey, PB Blaster and a home-ground screwdriver worked like a charm, thanks for the help guys! Lesson learned.
HNY.
Jason.