PDA

View Full Version : LaSalle trim products?

Lance
12-31-2011, 11:43 AM
I just bumbled across LaSalle trim website, has anyone used there headliners or other products? The pics look pretty nice. I have a 109 LWB wagon that needs a headliner.

mrdoiron
12-31-2011, 06:06 PM
I just bumbled across LaSalle trim website, has anyone used there headliners or other products? The pics look pretty nice. I have a 109 LWB wagon that needs a headliner.
I have a LaSalle dash in a Hybrid 61 SerIIa Defender... allows for some nice customization on cutout options etc. There are some pics on my shutterfly

mike

greenmeanie
01-01-2012, 03:06 AM
I had one in my 88 and have another in my 109. Easy to fit and robust so no more tears in the headlining from a sharp corneer from something you're carrying in the back. A simple rattle can of white is all that is needed to returnit to pristine condition.

If you have alpine windows you need to cut the openings in the La Salle liner. The same goes for the roof vents on a Safari top. Making these holes in the right place is the most difficult part of installation.

Jim-ME
01-01-2012, 05:42 AM
I have their door liners and like them very much.
Jim

SalemRover
01-01-2012, 06:31 AM
I have one of their headliners in my 109 hardtop. With great joy I have not had a hard top on my 5 door 109 in a couple years. When I did though I liked the lasalle headliner. They are rugged and fit nicely and allow for speakers in all 4 corners and a radio just above the rear view mirror.

-Jason

Lance
01-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Very Good.....thanks guys. I do have Alpine windows & roof vents. Sounds like LaSalle for me!

zayante
01-02-2012, 08:03 PM
The question is: Where can you find them in the USA? Last time I checked, shipping one from LaSalle in the UK is ungodly expensive.

Jim-ME
01-03-2012, 03:50 AM
The short answer is you can't.
Jim

Terrys
01-03-2012, 06:11 AM
I have never heard anyone who has a La Salle interior, say anything bad about them. I have a mental thing about molded fiberglass stuff in a Land Rover. It reminds me of all those old, Air Stream wannabe camper trailers you see in the goat weeds behind some guys shack on American Pickers. Just depresses me. I have an entirely perfect factory headliner in the front half of my '73, and my NAS110 has that molded soft material they used on them. Both are washable, within reason.
Jim Young has written up a pretty nice procedure for replacing a headliner, using headliner material. Not sure if his write-up was ever on here, or just on G&R. Problem is, ever since they got rid of Yuku, I have trouble getting on G&R. Maybe Mark can post a link to it.

albersj51
01-03-2012, 08:43 AM
http://seriestrek.com/headliner.html

amcordo
01-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Those that have installed the headliner: is there enough room between the headliner and the actual roof to install insulation?

greenmeanie
01-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Yes.