PDA

View Full Version : Lost Land-Rover clip

Lalo88DK
01-04-2012, 09:33 AM
I'm trying to find a Land-Rover clip that I saw in August / September 2011, it was very professionally done and it was about an owner and his Series II Land Rover. I think it was recorded somewhere in north america some sort of gathering. The owner used to own a Discovery but had fallen in love with a Series Land-Rover, he was shown in a chair in front of Land Rover and was intewiet. I don't think it was on you tube, but some private website (think he was a pro photographer or the like). There were also a few other clips with Land Rovers.
Is there one who, from my poor description, can help me find the website where the clip can be seen. :o

rwollschlager
01-05-2012, 12:31 AM
ZzMDA1cyxQg

Lalo88DK
01-05-2012, 02:16 AM
Thats the one :thumb-up:

Thank you very much :)

disco2hse
01-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Very nice vid. Thanks for the link.

achtung
01-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Part 1 is here, I cant get it to embed for some reason.

Py0h1gnDQDM

Lance
01-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Fun to watch. I know this is the series forum but the older discovery rigs look pretty cool also. Are they any good?

LR Max
01-10-2012, 07:55 AM
Fun to watch. I know this is the series forum but the older discovery rigs look pretty cool also. Are they any good?

Assuming you can find one that hasn't had its soul beaten out of it, yes, they are great trucks. I wheeled one before I got my 109. Mighty fine vehicle. But just like with the Toyota FJ80s, its hard to find one that isn't in dismal condition.

bmohan55
01-10-2012, 09:00 AM
I loved my 04...very capable but not as simple to work on. As the clip said, I felt
"detatched" while on the trails.

stomper
01-10-2012, 11:35 AM
I owned a 2000 Discovery Series II prior to buying my IIa. They are a very decent off roader. The Series II Discovery has a larger rear overhang, which reduces the departure angle significantly, and the front bumper had an integrated apron which usually broke with any significant off road driving. Most people replaced the front bumper with an aftermarket steel bumper after the stock one broke.

The Discovery Series I on the other hand was a little less refined on the road, but was much more capable off the pavement. There are a lot of aftermarket support companies that allow you to make them a terrific off roader. As others have mentioned, they are getting rather difficult to find in decent condition though.

lincoln lass
01-10-2012, 12:44 PM
One of the best videos that I have seen in a long time. Very professional.