PDA

View Full Version : Rover Park Boys

ThorH
01-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Anyone have any input on dealing with Mark at Rover Park Boys?

rejeep
01-04-2012, 10:58 AM
patience..

albersj51
01-04-2012, 11:00 AM
I haven't purchased from them, but I did contact them about buying a "performance" 2.25 motor a couple of months ago. Great guys, good pricing, but as rejeep said, they are VERY slow to respond.

willincalgary
01-04-2012, 12:18 PM
I had a particularly poor experience with them. I purchased an 8:1, rebuilt head a couple years ago. Installed the head and immediately stuck an exhaust valve. Didn't recognize it at the time and had the bottom of the engine completely rebuilt over the course of the following year. Reinstalled the Rover Park head and stuck a valve again. The folks who did the bottom end job checked the head and found all the guides to be too tight. Also never heard back from RPB them when I enquired about my core charge refund (email).
To be fair I have not tried to approach them again with the head rebuild issue to see what they would be willing to do. Perhaps I should.

ThorH
01-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Patience....................I ordered the parts for my motor on Sept 9, I have yet to see the complete order. I've exchanged numerous e-mails all with the response of "....we will have that all right out." They were extremely quick on the running of my card though!

I will not be using them again.

Skookumchuck
01-04-2012, 01:47 PM
I bought some parts from them for my Rover and they sent them out to me right away and they never charged my card until after I had them. I also ordered a block heater from them but it hasn't showed up yet and that was over a month ago. So my experince with them has been more good than bad.

Bostonian1976
01-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Nice guys - I agree with the patience bit

scarter
01-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Kind of boils down to chasing somebody around to spend your money. :nono:
I've had a 10-week episode (that's 2.5 months) back in the spring/summer trying, trying to get delivery of a lost-in-shipping RM parabolic spring pack for one corner. It was all very "fuzzy". Yet, whenever I did reach RPB by phone--quite helpful and courteous. Problem solved when product was shipped from BP :confused: to me. No hard feelings here, just needed to add patience.

73series88
01-05-2012, 10:24 AM
sorry never heard of with them
aaron

ybt502r
01-05-2012, 04:43 PM
I tried to use them when I lived in Calgary (buy local, you know). After several attempts to spend money with them (see the earlier note about working hard to spend money), I gave up. I received a few excuses about why they didn't respond, but, over the course of a few months, nothing changed. I guess I didn't have enough patience.

willincalgary
03-09-2013, 10:27 AM
I had some work done by TRS Automotive in Calgary this week. They are a Land Rover specialty shop that deals with all vintages of Rover. In chatting with the owner (Vern) he mentioned that he has recently acquired all the Rover Park Boys inventory of parts and vehicles. This should position them as one of the go to Series parts suppliers in western Canada.
As I mentioned in my previous post on this thread I was always frustrated with the RPB terms of service. I was always tempted to use them as it just makes sense to support more local businesses but couldn't get over the frustration of it. This is a good development in my mind.

I Leak Oil
03-09-2013, 11:29 AM
I had never done any business with them but will the decent parts suppliers out there why would you want to have to chase them around to spend your money and time with them? Buying rover parts (or most anything else for that matter) is a business transaction and not really an act of loyalty.

busboy
03-09-2013, 11:48 AM
They were only a 20 minute drive from me so they were VERY convenient, I'm sorry they closed up shop as now the parts are 3 1/2 hours away.

gwmaxhunter
11-17-2013, 07:48 PM
RE: rover park boys.........they call themselves.....battle brothers.....21c rayborn crescent st.albert alberta t8n-5b9...780-458-2725...... sales@roverparkboys.com

tolonian
11-18-2013, 03:51 PM
RE: rover park boys.........they call themselves.....battle brothers.....21c rayborn crescent st.albert alberta t8n-5b9...780-458-2725...... sales@roverparkboys.com

Rover Park Boys/Battle Brothers has closed.