PDA

View Full Version : Identify that Rover!

ThePhotographer
01-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Hey all, I'm not sure I should be posting this in the Range Rover Classic forum, perhaps maybe the P38A...as they claim to have found a rare 1996 Range Rover Classic :confused:. Go to 1:26 of the video for a good laugh. They also claim that the WRX does better because of a lack of a center diff on the RRC(because RRCs don't have a center diff:rolleyes:)
http://www.speedtv.com/video/tv-shows/stuntbusters/

jimsshuman
01-04-2012, 04:09 PM
That is indeed quite the terrible explanation!!

mearstrae
01-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Ah, you've found a rare 1996 Classic (Maybe it's titled by the year of the newest parts?). Or possibly built by 'Land Rover Special Vehicles Division', obviously ordered without the Diff Lock [To save money I suppose...]. Leave it to Hollywood to be technically illiterate.

'95 R.R. Classic LWB
'76 Series III Hybrid 109
'70 Rover 3500S

1971Series88
01-08-2012, 04:39 PM
So:
1. The chick looks good - but, still lives up to the dumb blonde persona - although I am sure it was a written script...still she looks good!
2. The Rover in question is a 94 or 93 or older, you can tell from the dash
3. That was the worst bit of driving ever - the RRC would handle that incline any day
4. The chick still looks good in the WRX :)

ThePhotographer
01-08-2012, 09:46 PM
So:
1. The chick looks good - but, still lives up to the dumb blonde persona - although I am sure it was a written script...still she looks good!
2. The Rover in question is a 94 or 93 or older, you can tell from the dash
3. That was the worst bit of driving ever - the RRC would handle that incline any day
4. The chick still looks good in the WRX :)

Haha true that. You can also tell by the early wheels. (They are idiots on that show if they want us to believe the Rover only made it 20 feet further than a FWD Civic)