PDA

View Full Version : 94 classic lwb

bloodmafia
02-06-2012, 08:51 AM
I have a few questions
what would be a good size lift for a 94 lwb?
I waqs thinking your standard 2 inch lift,But let me say its not going to get heavy abuse but it will get used,I would also Like to know alittle about the traction control on these trucks,I know on my ford pick up it can be shut off but I dont see how it can be.
any input on the classic would be great
thanks

mearstrae
02-06-2012, 12:21 PM
The lift you need is rather dictated by why you need it. Trail clearance (articulation of suspension)-Load capacity-Tire size. A 2" lift is pretty much the norm for all round use, but can be greatly affected by spring type and shock type. Serious trail use or big tires might need an even higher lift. As for the TC, I just unplug it at the master cylinder, maybe not the best way, but it seems to work (illuminating the TC dash light and sometimes the ABS light).

'95 R.R. Classic LWB
'76 Series III Hybrid 109
'70 Rover 3500S

o2batsea
02-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Too bad the air suspension is no longer on the truck as it is pretty much the shiz. It used to be expensive and mysterious to maintain, but those days are long past. I even have a laptop set up with the free ECU cracking software that lets me clear codes and reset the ECU. And parts, sheesh they are at give away prices any more. Since you do have coils the most you should go is 2 inches as anything more will require many other mods to the suspension. Your tires should be 235/85 16. Highly recommend Dura Tracs.
The traction control is a function of the Wabco ABS system. It applies braking force to the spinning wheel enabling traction on both. You can't disable it. You should check that you have all the ABS sensors properly seated and that the wiring is in good shape. The truck will do a self test and illuminate the TC light on the binnacle at start up. If no faults are registered it will turn off the light after a few seconds.