PDA

View Full Version : movie opportunity

davemacinnh
02-20-2012, 04:32 PM
ok so my buddy and i wrote a movie and the main character besides the people is an old series that was given to the main character. my business partner is in the industry and knows a lot of people. i already called land rover usa and they are cool with this. what im looking for is some investors. we are looking at 50k for a short film with hopes of turning it into a feature film or 300-400k for a feature film. obviously investors will make some money once the film sells. we will be entering it in a bunch of film festivals throughout the world. its a cool script and a cross country journey in a series. if anyone has any ideas let me know and pm me with any questions. once we have the money this will happen and it will be fun. thanks for your time!! Dave:thumb-up:

davemacinnh
02-20-2012, 04:57 PM
just so you know its working title is called distant thoughts. and its kind of a love story. best part is the main and his girl drive from nh to oregon.

stomper
02-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Well that's not a very realistic script! A girl riding cross country in an old Land Rover?:D

Skookumchuck
02-20-2012, 05:32 PM
I don't know I had a cute girl exclame that I have a cute Rover. She didn't even say what kind of Jeep or Land Cruiser is that. So it is some what believable that a cute girl could fall in love with a hopeless Rover addict.:p

jac04
02-20-2012, 05:37 PM
The Series technical discussion forum gets cluttered up with all kinds of stuff these days...

...once we have the money this will happen and it will be fun.
Um, yeah, same here.

davemacinnh
02-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Ya the girl doesn't really know what she is getting into in the movie it's kind of her last option and then the love story happens.

Sorry jac04 for "cluttering" the tech forum. I couldn't find the movie discussion board for rovers north. Just trying to get the word out.:thumb-up:

jac04
02-20-2012, 07:16 PM
I couldn't find the movie discussion board for rovers north.
Yeah, I hear ya, it's a long way to scroll down.

o2batsea
02-20-2012, 08:01 PM
mmm, dunno. As one who has been in the TV and broadcasting biz for decades, these things always start out with a bang. As it plods along sometimes over the course of years, it gets swallowed up in all the associated bs. You start hating everything and everyone around you as the project spins out of control.

If you want my 2 cents, go shoot the whole thing on your iPhone4, edit it in imovie, post it on youtube and see how many hits it gets. Then, when you can go to the big studios and say "hey look at this thing we made, it has gotten well over 700,000 views" they will gladly talk to you about making features and hand you wads of cash.

That's pretty much how Brad Bird got going.

There are pretty nice lenses as well as a Steadicam mount (Smoothee) for iPhones. You just need lights.

Oh yeah as for road movies, that's a pretty well plowed field. You gotta do some out of the box thinking along the lines of "Little Miss Sunshine" or else everybody has to die a bloody death.

o2batsea
02-20-2012, 08:06 PM
I don't know I had a cute girl exclame that I have a cute Rover. She didn't even say what kind of Jeep or Land Cruiser is that. So it is some what believable that a cute girl could fall in love with a hopeless Rover addict.:p

Hey, 8 year olds don't count

davemacinnh
02-20-2012, 08:08 PM
I have def seen the iPhone movies. It's pretty amazing what can be done with them. My buddy works in the movie biz in NYC and has a lot of hookups. We are directing and producing so no bs alon the way. It's def just an indie flick but with his knowledge of everything it will turn out great. We aren't shooting a million plus movie. Budget is everything for us. I know a lot of places we can shoot for free and we actually have a great crew lined up already.

davemacinnh
02-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Plus our timeline is about 1 month full crew all the main scenes and then 2-3 weeks partial crew for the driving scenes cross country then about 12 months to edit

mankins
02-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Have you tried Kickstarter yet? I keep hearing about folks getting on there and raising money for making albums, films, etc.

Good luck!

Skookumchuck
02-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Hey, 8 year olds don't count

No she is not an 8 more like a 9.5 (about 30yr old) wife said she must be blond under that red hair to think my rover is cute:p

davemacinnh
02-21-2012, 07:23 AM
Have you tried Kickstarter yet? I keep hearing about folks getting on there and raising money for making albums, films, etc.

Good luck!

Ya looking into that and indiegogo. Thanks!:thumb-up: