PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying interior trim parts!

JohnOFromJersey
02-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Well, I've considered my truck "done" for some time now but damn if I'm still not finding parts in my basement.

Can anyone tell me where these black aluminum trim pieces (obviously interior) fit on my LATE IIA?? I seriously can't figure it out.

BTW, if your wondering why I didn't take copious pictures before dis assembly, this project took so long that digital cameras weren't around yet and I was too cheap to waste film :-)

Thanks!

John O

JSBriggs
02-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Lower bulkhead trim retainer. It mounts where the bulkhead goes from verticle and angles into the footwell. It holds that vinylish trim in place that got shredded and thrown out long ago.

-Jeff

John O from Jersey
02-24-2012, 08:22 AM
AHA!!! That actually makes sense now. Though I still have no recollection of removing them, I do remember tossing lots of mouse-pee laden material that those may have been loosely associated with.

I reckon they'll be winding up on Flea-Bay unless I figure a way to incorporate them.

Thanks Jeff!

JO

TeriAnn
02-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Exmoore Trim does offer an interior kit that includes new trim for the kick panels, top underside of the foot well, Lower mid bulkhead, gearbox tunnel and also a trim cover for the seat box (Swiss spec for Series & used on US spec D90's).

It does offer a little sound deadening and some thermal insulation as well as returning your interior closer to factory spec. Of course if you don't care about such things and don't have the inner door panels either it is not worth the expenditure.

I redid my front interior a year ago with new seats, trim kit and door panels. I'm still wowed by how nice it looks. For me the expenditure was worth having my daily driver look nice when I'm in it. And my heated defender seats are a LOT more comfy. :thumb-up:

SafeAirOne
02-25-2012, 02:06 PM
I redid my front interior a year ago with new seats, trim kit and door panels.

Pics (or link pointing to pics)?