PDA

View Full Version : Brake 5-way junction location/orientation

jcutler
02-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Here's where it ends up with things roughly shaped (picture attached). Since I don't have the bulkhead on yet, and no previously drilled holes for the bracket or the clips (new frame), I don't have much to go on. Does this work? And also, does the line from the 5-way junction to the master cylinder comes off the bottom or the top of the junction? The bottom appears to be the "natural" fit of the bracket...

If this is correct, I'm going to need new LHF, RHF, and 5-way to rear 3-way junction lines. I really buggered up these lines trying to sort out where it all goes....

Joel

jcutler
03-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Bringing this up to the top.... Anybody able to help me? '58 SII 88.

Thanks
Joel

ignotus
03-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Hi,

I hope my pic posts. I have a 1960 109 and I used the stock position, since I am converting to dual circuit brakes the rear just run from the m/c to the rear. The front go to a 3way 1 in, 2 out.
The stock position on my 109 is ahead of the hole in the frame for the wiring. It sits slightly astearn of the bulkhead support, so you can work on it when the vehicle is assembled.

Hope this helps,
gene

HybridIIA
03-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Bringing this up to the top.... Anybody able to help me? '58 SII 88.

Thanks
Joel

Here is a photo from an untouched '64 88. You can sort of work out the original location by the bulkhead bracket bolt.

jcutler
03-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Very helpful, both of you. Thanks *so* much! Based on these pics, it's now quite clear to me that the line from the 5-way to the left front needs to be longer than the one our hosts supplies for that purpose.

Joel