PDA

View Full Version : WANTED !!! 4' AMBER TURN SIGNAL LENSES HELP

montanarover
02-29-2012, 03:30 PM
I AM LOOKING FOR A COUPLE OF TURN SIGNAL LENSES 4" INCH ONES THAT WERE ON NORTH AMERICAN MODELS..RN NO LONGER CARRIES THEM..A OLD MAN BACKED INTO MINE THEN DROVE OFF....PLEASE LOOK AROUND..CASH PAID !

leafsprung
02-29-2012, 04:07 PM
working on new ones, doing UV tests but it will be a bit until they are ready :thumb-up:

TedW
02-29-2012, 04:33 PM
PM me..........

Ted

TedW
02-29-2012, 06:03 PM
working on new ones, doing UV tests but it will be a bit until they are ready :thumb-up:

Good for you, leafsprung! About time someone did this. Now, if we could get someone with the technical chops to make a plastic series gas tank........:D

albersj51
02-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Good for you, leafsprung! About time someone did this. Now, if we could get someone with the technical chops to make a plastic series gas tank........:D

Or stainless steel :)

TedW
02-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Or stainless steel :)

They're already out there..............

1971Series88
02-29-2012, 09:20 PM
I can get some, real inexpensive, should I buy them...and post them for sale????

Pete
03-01-2012, 04:49 AM
Stainless tanks are there as well as aluminum. Just had two stainless ones built for my project and he can do either material if anyone is interested let me know. Also soon to have a stainless "breakfast" built.

I would be interested in a few lenses also.

Pete

TedW
03-01-2012, 10:42 AM
I can get some, real inexpensive, should I buy them...and post them for sale????

New or used?

1971Series88
03-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Not sure Ted...I am going to check out a bunch of stuff on Saturday...I know I will have some seat bottoms to sell... the flat type in great condition...and will probably pick up as much trim/lenses/etc that I can if they are in good condition.

TedW
03-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Not sure Ted...I am going to check out a bunch of stuff on Saturday...I know I will have some seat bottoms to sell... the flat type in great condition...and will probably pick up as much trim/lenses/etc that I can if they are in good condition.

You'd be wise to grab the 4" metal bases, too. They rot quickly (at least they do in New England) because they trap water easily. I have restored a bunch of them because I doubt that (unlike Ike and the lenses) anyone will ever make reproductions.

knac1234
03-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Thought I'd chime in that it's GREAT that Ike is working on 4" repros.

That was the first thing I BROKE on my Rover. And, of course, in my then-pallets of extra parts there was not one lens! I found out how tough they were to find, and Terry from here sold me one.....lifesaver! Got front and rear guards protecting them now!

Ted is right about the bases too.....I have an extra pair with good rubber in case I ever need them....both the ones on my truck that I cleaned up and my spares had some corrosion.

Julian

Rat Patrol
03-02-2012, 08:16 AM
I AM LOOKING FOR A COUPLE OF TURN SIGNAL LENSES 4" INCH ONES THAT WERE ON NORTH AMERICAN MODELS..RN NO LONGER CARRIES THEM..A OLD MAN BACKED INTO MINE THEN DROVE OFF....PLEASE LOOK AROUND..CASH PAID !

I have four that are cracked but not broken (thanks to the movers). Shoot me an email.

And make sure you install cages over the lenes!

4flattires
03-02-2012, 12:05 PM

Let me know if you want them desert tested (UV wise), I can offer full exposure for as long as you need it in Phoenix.

4 please :-)

Rat Patrol
03-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Let me know if you want them desert tested (UV wise), I can offer full exposure for as long as you need it in Phoenix.

4 please :-)

And I'll be glad to test them in the high desert; extreme cold and UV.

4flattires
03-06-2012, 11:50 AM
And I'll be glad to test them in the high desert; extreme cold and UV.

Whaaaaat....are you saying it does not get cold in Phoenix? Sheesh, just this morning the overnight low must have been 65. I had to put my bunny slippers on before my toes hit the carpet.

;)

Rat Patrol
03-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Whaaaaat....are you saying it does not get cold in Phoenix? Sheesh, just this morning the overnight low must have been 65. I had to put my bunny slippers on before my toes hit the carpet.

;)

I trust they were fluffy bunny slippers? Anything less and you risk frost bite.:D:)

siii8873
03-06-2012, 01:02 PM
balmy -2 degf this AM in northern NY. Little slow getting it going this AM.

cedryck
03-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Ah, rover life in new england. Make sure you apply the patented Yankee pizza box radiator muff, cheep, plentiful and works like a charm. :thumb-up:

o2batsea
03-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Ike's prolly doing something like this (http://www.alumilite.com/HowTos/TailLightCastingNoEquipment.cfm)