PDA

View Full Version : Project to go on hold

kwd509
03-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Owing to an unexpected and serious health issue for my wife, the rover restoration will go on hold. The duration of this break is entirely unknown. Life is quite unpredictable.

My question here is whether there are any specific recommendations to place a project in suspended animation, aside from organizing and labeling the current batch of loose pieces. As this vehicle did reasonably well sitting in a field for many years, I can't think of anything special, but figure some folks might have suggestions.

Lord willing, her health will return and the rover will ride again.
Thanks.

rdsrover
03-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Enjoy your wife's company. The rover will keep.

4flattires
03-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Wishing all a speedy and full recovery.

Pictures.....take pictures....oh...and then save them in a logical manner.

mearstrae
03-04-2012, 02:27 AM
Sorry to hear of your wife's trouble, pray all will turn out well. The only thing I'd worry about is the engine, a little gear oil worked into the cylinders by turning over by hand, will prevent a lock-up. [I use old fashion gear lube for this, as it's sufurated and pentrates the metal better than motor oil or others. Old trick used in industry equipment storage.]

'95 R.R. Classic LWB
'76 Series III Hybrid 109
'70 Rover 3500S

I Leak Oil
03-04-2012, 06:04 AM
Keep it dry, turn the motor once in a while. Drain the radiator coolant and gas if you haven't all ready.
You may find that you want to keep certain parts of it around to work on. It's good therapy.
Best wishes.

kwd509
03-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Really helpful stuff. Will keep right front swivel ball assembly handy in case I need a little grease therapy.

lincoln lass
03-06-2012, 02:26 AM
Hope the wife is ok and makes a speedy recovery.

LaneRover
03-06-2012, 06:51 AM
Enjoy your wife's company. The rover will keep.

I concur!

I also like your idea of keeping something to fix nearby in case you need 'grease therapy'.

73series88
03-06-2012, 07:35 AM
take care
aaron

kwd509
03-06-2012, 04:00 PM
I concur!

I also like your idea of keeping something to fix nearby in case you need 'grease therapy'.

My son and my wife concur as well. A recommendation for Seafoam (or something similar) into the pistons, and I will likely do......then I will tidy up loose ends. But there is some interesting pressure from w/in family to limp along with rover instead of resigning to a full stop.

Never a dull moment.
Thanks for all the advice and help.

cedryck
03-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Sorry to hear. My wife was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis while I was restoring my beloved Cedryck, 1965 ex MOD. I put my project on hold as we sorted out our lives. Listen, your rover will understand, and when your life is back on track, get back to work. They are sturdy lads, and keep well. My very best wishes to you and your wife. Cheers.