PDA

View Full Version : Front toe boards

PaulBarrow
03-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Strange how a simple job turns on you isnt it?

Well my front toe boards are rusted through at the point where the floor slopes up.

The hole is not so bad that it cannot be patched with a piece coming back onto the floor and then sealed with sealer ... but is there a better way? Looking in my parts manual I cannot see repair panels for the floor in this area. If there is, do you have a part number where I can get these from RN or other site if they dont do them please?

Partsman
03-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Strange how a simple job turns on you isnt it?

Well my front toe boards are rusted through at the point where the floor slopes up.

The hole is not so bad that it cannot be patched with a piece coming back onto the floor and then sealed with sealer ... but is there a better way? Looking in my parts manual I cannot see repair panels for the floor in this area. If there is, do you have a part number where I can get these from RN or other site if they dont do them please?

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/c-843-footwells.aspx (http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/../store/c-843-footwells.aspx)

o2batsea
03-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Are you going too weld it or pop rivet it? Welding will be a better repair but you have to pull out a lot of stuff to clear the area of combustibles. Nobody makes repair panels for that location. The only place, YRM Metal Solutions in the UK, that makes RRC repair pieces has nothing for that.

I Leak Oil
03-05-2012, 06:58 AM
I bought that panel (and others) from Paddocks about 4 years ago. Not sure if they still offer them. A body mount is right there so you may want to replace the entire panel or tie the patch to the body mount.
I'd be surprised if that's the only place you have to patch though...

PaulBarrow
03-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Thank you all. I will check Paddock but I guess I will wind up with an OEM - OWN Equipment Manufacture - panel :-)

You are right though, to "weld" in that area does require a lot of stripping - only done the driver side for now - will do the passenger side after I get the driver side all back together!

Paul

PS - Webmaster - I am still not getting email notifications although subscribed to threads!!

TSR53
03-05-2012, 11:19 AM
...PS - Webmaster - I am still not getting email notifications although subscribed to threads!!Hi, we are still in the process of debugging this.