PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Shipping

jumpmaster54
03-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Does anyone now how I could ship the rear tub section of a 109 series IIa? Its in Monroe CT. Anyone near there heading to the midwest?

Stan

cinelliguy
03-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Have the shipper get ahold of a wood pallet, estimate the weight and then call a freight forwarder/broker for pricing. Once you are satisfied with the price, firmly secure the tub to the pallet via strap, rope down, whatever works the tub onto the pallet, photograph the condition of the tube and the pallet, call for a pickup.

jumpmaster54
03-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Any guesstimate on cost range?

STan

rejeep
03-05-2012, 06:04 PM
go terminal to terminal..
cheaper than a res pickup..

o2batsea
03-05-2012, 06:09 PM
i have had good results posting on uship

jumpmaster54
03-05-2012, 06:54 PM
What is Terminal to Terminal? What are some carriers

Stan

SafeAirOne
03-05-2012, 07:07 PM
What is Terminal to Terminal? What are some carriers

Stan

That's where you drop it off at your carrier's (shipping company's) terminal (say...the Old Dominion warehouse) and the receiver picks it up at the terminal near them instead of having the truck pick it up and drop it off at your respective addresses.

You save BIG doing it this way.

To get an idea of shipping costs, go to freightquote.com (you should know the dimensions and weight and the resutling shipping class of the thing you're shipping to get the most accurate quote). They show quotes for about a 5-10 different shippers, depending on where you are and where you're shipping.

Prices vary GREATLY between shippers and pick-up and drop-off locations. I've had a great experience using freightquote.com for terminal-to-terminal shipping of a large item and their customer service is A-1.

rejeep
03-05-2012, 09:57 PM
It only cost me 400 to ship a cj5 tub from California to New York..
Was business to business and I do have a fairly smokin deal on freight though..

Try and get it done through a company that runs freight all the time.. They have different pricing scales and save big right off the bat.

SGS714
03-05-2012, 10:09 PM
i have had good results posting on uship
I also have had very good luck with UShip.Com

cinelliguy
03-05-2012, 10:10 PM
USHIP works well. Have shipped cars and horses, very good service.

keithg
03-10-2012, 01:23 PM
I agree with the other about Uship.com. I've shipped a few cars with them and have always gotten great service and good deals. For reference, you could try fedex freight and get a quote from their website for a pallet shipment.