PDA

View Full Version : Rovacom EMS Software

PaulBarrow
03-09-2012, 11:22 AM
I have owned the Rovacom Blackbox system since I bought my RRC and it seems to work great ... but I have a question!

When it reads fault codes like Misfire on Bank A etc. I always first off just click "Clear Codes" and then re-run Read Codes. Interestingly enough 90% of the time nothing comes back up on the scanner and the EFI light is no longer lit and doesnt come on again for a couple of thousand miles.

My question is simply this Am I using it correctly ... or should I be doing something more?

Paul

o2batsea
03-09-2012, 05:45 PM
If the conditions that caused the error are no longer present, then of course it won't recur.

PaulBarrow
03-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Obviously, but waht I was meaning was "Does pressing Clear all Faults (like misfire on bank A) actually fix the fault?" Back in my days of non-computer/ECU controlled engine maintenance you would have to trace and figure out what was causing it and then replace a part. Now it seems you push a button and it is gone and despite repeated running of the software it doesnt come back ... so is it just that often it is the ECU that gets screwed up ... and fixed?

I did have one persistent fault - O2 sensor failure so I did actually replace that for that one to go away!

Paul