PDA

View Full Version : Seats??

osajaj
03-16-2012, 07:58 PM
My wife got me a set of the standard elephant hide front seat set for my series 2a from our hosts. It doesn't seem to have the pins sticking out of the bottom of the seat backs to install like the originals, am I missing something? Do I have to add something or make adapt things?? I really didn't open them up yet, since I am in the midst of rebuilding a few things on the truck, didn't want to get them all oiled up....just yet. Thanks for any direction. Not sure if anyone has installed a set.

east high
03-16-2012, 08:30 PM
FWIW, I got a regular seat back from RN and it didn't have any of the hardware (pins, etc.) either. I never got around to doing anything about it and I'm still using the old seat. Very old seat...

osajaj
03-16-2012, 08:34 PM
Yes it seems odd, I am sure someone will let us know on this forum.

Ncrover725
03-16-2012, 09:25 PM
Within the last few months I have gotten two seat sets for my iia. Both of the sets from rovers north came with sets of washers and hardware loose in the box. I had to go back in the trash can and find the first set after I figured it out. The seats did not have post. They had a bolt that when through the the side of the seat frame and threaded into the seat. I had to cut a small slit in the vinyl for the bolt to pass through.

SafeAirOne
03-16-2012, 11:10 PM
I haven't had any dealings with the RN replacement seats, but I suspect that if you feel the sides of the seatback, near the bottom front corner, you'll find an indentation under the fabric where there's an anchor hole for a 1/4-28 bolt. In fact, there may be more than one anchor hole. I just ripped the fabric off my standard seats and found that there are 3 anchors in different spots on the bottom of my seatbacks.

I'd recomment putting a thin teflon washer between the fabric and the metal hinge when you assemble the seats in order to protect the fabric when you fold the seatbacks up and down.