PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Rover Sighting I Won't Get a Mug For

amcordo
03-22-2012, 01:04 PM
I never get mugs for my sitings, but I keep posting them...

From the Yahoo! Homepage.
http://news.yahoo.com/video/science-15749654/greenrovers-help-get-tourists-close-to-animals-28684576.html

TedW
03-22-2012, 01:25 PM
I never get mugs for my sitings, but I keep posting them...

From the Yahoo! Homepage.
http://news.yahoo.com/video/science-15749654/greenrovers-help-get-tourists-close-to-animals-28684576.html

There may also be a safety reason for using that color: The lions will want to throw up rather than eat the tourists.

Lotsa luck with the mug.........will look good in your new kitchen!

Ted

Skookumchuck
03-22-2012, 05:02 PM
There is a 110 in the new outback steakhouse commercial in Canada. You just get a glance of it in the first few seconds and again at the end of the commercial. too have never gotten the covetted mug either:(

TeriAnn
03-22-2012, 06:30 PM
There is a 110 in the new outback steakhouse commercial in Canada. You just get a glance of it in the first few seconds and again at the end of the commercial. too have never gotten the covetted mug either:(

They have been doing a white kitted out 110 in their commercials for a long time. I checked and they do not give a discount for a kitted out Series truck sitting in front of the front door. :(

There is a recent hard alcohol (sorry forgot the type) commercial that has a glance of a SIII front that has been showing recently.

If you watch the movie Taking Woodstock you will see the same Series rig in a good half dozen scenes. Though if memory serves the first shot shows its nose sticking out of a garage with the bonnet up.

Skookumchuck
03-22-2012, 07:03 PM
That sucks...we should all show up at the same restraunt and demand a discount...hahaha. My wife thinks I am crazy just because I get excited everytime I see a Defender or Series on tv or a movie. Just noticed in national treasure II they have an 109, she said I tell her that every time we watch the movie.

stomper
03-23-2012, 06:08 AM
There is a recent hard alcohol (sorry forgot the type) commercial that has a glance of a SIII front that has been showing recently.

Check the sightings section, there are links to the video. It was for Absolute Vodka.

mrdoiron
03-23-2012, 07:12 AM
That sucks...we should all show up at the same restraunt and demand a discount...hahaha. My wife thinks I am crazy just because I get excited everytime I see a Defender or Series on tv or a movie. Just noticed in national treasure II they have an 109, she said I tell her that every time we watch the movie.
Stick with it... there'll come a day when she'll point them out for you after some good conditioning...it's a good day when that occurs.

mike

yorker
03-23-2012, 09:10 AM

Mine wife is always stopping movies and rewinding them spotting LRs. I'm not sure how many mugs she has now. :sly:

TeriAnn
03-23-2012, 09:31 AM
About movies,

Long ago I remember seeing a black and white movie that took place in I think South Africa. Maybe having something to do with diamond mines. Anyway there were a lot of scenes with Land Rovers and I vaguely remember a chase scene involving multiple Land Rovers. It has been decades since I have seen this movie but the Land Rover chase scene stands out in my mind.

Anyone know what the movie was?

antichrist
03-23-2012, 02:25 PM
About movies,

Long ago I remember seeing a black and white movie that took place in I think South Africa. Maybe having something to do with diamond mines. Anyway there were a lot of scenes with Land Rovers and I vaguely remember a chase scene involving multiple Land Rovers. It has been decades since I have seen this movie but the Land Rover chase scene stands out in my mind.

Anyone know what the movie was?Killer Force, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073241/
I have a copy of it, looked for a long time after I saw the movie years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7C9oJTclzU

OJ Simpson gets killed in it.

rwollschlager
03-23-2012, 03:42 PM
that has to be one of the coolest car chases I have ever seen! I wonder how many half shafts they broke filming doing all those burnouts and drifts. I thought I was the only one who drove their rover like that ;)

-Rob

Skookumchuck
03-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Just watched both the vidio clips on utube pretty good chase and a bunch of Rovers doing their:thumb-up: thing

LaneRover
03-24-2012, 05:12 PM
and they say a pick-up cab won't hold up in a roll over . . .

printjunky
03-26-2012, 04:12 PM
For a couple of years, until somewhat recently (I first noticed the switch last fall - and sent in a sighting), at least here in the Midwest, Outback had been using a white Toyota in their TV ads.