PDA

View Full Version : Series 2 doors rubber

dabawei
03-23-2012, 01:51 AM
Hi all,

Does defender 90's doors rubber left right and carrier back door fit to series 2a?

Does the right and lift doors' rubber came in one unit or in 6 peices? (one below the door one in hinges side one in lock side and three pecies around the window?

Help :)

TedW
03-23-2012, 02:04 AM
Hi Dabawei: The D90 door rubbers are da bomb, in my view. I have the fronts: they are one- piece top and sides, and fit my IIA beautifully with no modifications except for a slight trim to accommodate the latch. Very clean and neat. Plus, you don't deal with the leaks (well, not as much) or the break in issues with the rivet-in series seals.
Just MHO.

dabawei
03-23-2012, 07:41 AM
Is yours S2a are canvas top or hardtop? I believe for cavans top I have to cut the rubber to adapt the cover change, isn't?

TedW
03-23-2012, 07:46 AM
Is yours S2a are canvas top or hardtop? I believe for cavans top I have to cut the rubber to adapt the cover change, isn't?

Canvas top. No mods necessary.

NOTE: I have Genuine Defender door seals, and can't speak for the fit of the aftermarket ones.

I'll send you pics this weekend if you want.

Ted

dabawei
03-23-2012, 07:52 AM
I'll send you pics this weekend if you want.

Ted

Yes please :) thanks

TedW
03-23-2012, 08:38 AM
Yes please :) thanks

I'll send you pictures by Sunday.

Ted

TeriAnn
03-23-2012, 09:22 AM
I have Defender door and tail gate seals on The Green Rover. They are WAY better than the good condition genuine LR Series door seals I removed to put the Defender seals on. Suddenly the inside is a LOT less drafty.

I cut the lip off from around the door before putting my seals on, well because at the time everyone told me I needed to do so.

Currently my front doors also have:

- Defender door hinges. Don't need frequent adjusting to keep the hinges properly aligned or bronze spherical bushing lubrication like the SII hinges. The doors feel a lot more solid when I close them.

- Defender anti burst door latches. They no longer pop open going through the rocks on a trail.

- D90 door tops. Much better fit than aftermarket Series door tops, both ends open so I can open the front and not have my hair blasted away and unlike the Rocky Mountain door tops the rear pane opens wide enough I can rest my elbow on the window sill.

- Exmoor Trim elephant hide inner door panels with bubble wrap style insulation behind it. Helps keep heat in, reduces echo noise, door packets for storing stuff and helps bring the interior back to stock looking. I like having the interior completely upholstered like it came from the factory.

TedW
03-23-2012, 10:02 AM
I cut the lip off from around the door before putting my seals on, well because at the time everyone told me I needed to do so.

- Exmoor Trim elephant hide inner door panels with bubble wrap style insulation behind it. Helps keep heat in, reduces echo noise, door packets for storing stuff and helps bring the interior back to stock looking.

TeriAnn: I was prepared to cut the lips off, but just didn't want to: As it turned out, the seals fit fine (if a bit snug in a few places) without any cutting of metal.

The bubble wrap insulation in the doors is a great idea! Thanks for the tip.

Ted