PDA

View Full Version : 2extra inch lift on top of my 3

95 range rover 4x4
03-30-2012, 04:42 PM
I already have a 3 inch lift and i have the extended shocks i relocated them and for tbe rear i have the drop kit. and i saw that roversnorth they have 2 inch for under the spring tower if i want too get the extra 2 inchs what do i need other then break lines i have a home made wood roof rack and a whinch that lowers the truck as it is. so maybe i dont got to do anything???
Thank you

mearstrae
03-30-2012, 09:18 PM
If you already have a 3" lift, you should already be using the extended brake hoses. To add on another 2" lift might cause some serious problems though; drive shaft alignment and binding of other suspension members (trailing arms, sway bar, steering links, rear bars and links, etc.), not to mention stability troubles.

'95 R.R. Classic LWB
'76 Series III Hybrid 109
'70 Rover 3500S

I Leak Oil
03-31-2012, 09:03 AM
Ya, you're going to have to correct the castor angles (usually done with the swivel balls), pinion angles, panhard bar, shocks, drive shafts, brake lines, and perhaps the steering linkage angles.

A 2"-3" lift seems to be the magic number to minimum modification. Coilers don't seem to like more than that without addressing the above. If you want 5" of lift I'd recommend just buying a 5" spring instead. Just much simpler.

95 range rover 4x4
03-31-2012, 10:00 AM
yea i did the air bag conversion kit and got the coils with the 3 inch lift i already took out the sway bars because i broke the back one while off roading and the front one was hitting the driveshaft when i was off roading. so for the extra 2 inchs its not worth going through all that trouble then if i dont want to pay alot to do it

ThePhotographer
03-31-2012, 11:15 AM
Extended drive shaft possibly, trailing arms, definitely break lines. Breaking the 3" barrier is where mechanical issues start adding up.