PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Levels

canyonero
04-03-2012, 09:58 PM
So, while I have only run out of gas once since I bought it, today it occurred to me that my dual tank set up is somehow faulty. The level indicator on one tank (I am not sure the lever on the switch points the right way, but more on that soon) always reads 75%, while to other (RH) varies, but it seems that fuel is only being drawn from the RH side, regardless of the selector.
It wasn't much of a concern until this morning when I switched tanks and the gauge went to below empty, only to have one tank full, and the supposed tank only needing 4 gallons. My main concern is that all the fuel, no matter which is selected, is coming from the RH tank, and todays gauge issue made things worse.
I'm not too worried about running out of gas, as I always seem to have at least 7 gallons in the LH side and a siphon, but it would be nice to be a little more on top of things.
Thanks.

yorker
04-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Can't you just look into the tanks to confirm or disprove the fuel gauge readings? The fuel tank switch/valve is simple to service, get a seal kit for it and take it apart- you'll figure it out pretty easily.

cedryck
04-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Are you (green wires) that come from the tanks attached to the (left right tank) attached properly,,you should be able to read the tank level of both tanks on one gauge. also, check with our hosts there are specific senders you can and cannot use.