PDA

View Full Version : Maine Owners

Joecarville
05-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Are there any Series owners in the 04038 zip code or Greater Portland area?

LaneRover
05-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Are there any Series owners in the 04038 zip code or Greater Portland area?

Though technically my residence is San Diego I spend a lot of time home in Maine when I can. I have a place in Old Orchard and my brother has an old series Rover in N. Yarmouth.

LaneRover

Pete
05-12-2007, 06:01 AM
I am located in Westbrook and know a have a connect with a handful or so guys local.

Pete

TedW
05-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Lots of Series trucks in greater Portland, as I'm sure you know.

junkyddog11
05-13-2007, 05:05 AM
I'm in Portsmouth NH and the shop is in Eliot Me. Not to far away and I am in Portland often.

tmckeon88
05-13-2007, 07:39 AM
Hi-

I'm in Biddeford and will be moving to Brunswick this July, but often around the Portland area. I have a green IIA 88" with the Series II and III 4-headlight arrangement and a galvanized nudge bar, in case you spot me on the road some where. Do you have a project in the works? I've done a frame-over rebuild on this vehicle and know a modest amount of stuff -

Tom

cgreen
05-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Though technically my residence is San Diego I spend a lot of time home in Maine when I can. I have a place in Old Orchard and my brother has an old series Rover in N. Yarmouth.

LaneRover

Does your brother happen to live on the North Road?

Jeff Aronson
05-14-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm well east of you on Vinalhaven.

I do know that Land Rover Scarborough has a real enthusiast on its service staff in John Read. I recognize Brent, Ted and Tom, too, as helpful enthusiasts.

Jeff

LaneRover
05-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Does your brother happen to live on the North Road?

Why yes he does, just over the line from Yarmouth. The jeep and Ford pick-up don't currently run and all he needs for the Rover is the right rear brake cylinder.

If you know anyone that needs a Ford pick-up he would probably be intertested in selling it. He stopped using it because there is an oil leak over the manifold that he hasn't taken care of.

cgreen
05-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Why yes he does, just over the line from Yarmouth. The jeep and Ford pick-up don't currently run and all he needs for the Rover is the right rear brake cylinder.

If you know anyone that needs a Ford pick-up he would probably be intertested in selling it. He stopped using it because there is an oil leak over the manifold that he hasn't taken care of.

Ha--I live just a few houses up the street...I have a disco in the yard and a Series III in the Garage...small world....

Jim-ME
05-14-2007, 02:00 PM
I have a used right rear brake cylinder that just needs a bleeder screw if he is interested. It is in Brewer, ME. Postage shouldn't be that much so I'd be happy to donate it to his project.
Jim

LaneRover
05-15-2007, 01:55 PM
I have a used right rear brake cylinder that just needs a bleeder screw if he is interested. It is in Brewer, ME. Postage shouldn't be that much so I'd be happy to donate it to his project.
Jim

He would probably take it to give it a try. With 3 boys saving a bit of cash is always good!

"Ha--I live just a few houses up the street...I have a disco in the yard and a Series III in the Garage...small world...."

I have been buy a few times, If I remember correctly you have a nice series III.

Tim Smith
05-16-2007, 12:46 AM
He stopped using it because there is an oil leak over the manifold that he hasn't taken care of.

I'd of stopped adding oil a long time ago!
:p