PDA

View Full Version : seat back buffers-SIII

pitchrollyaw
04-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Hi,

I am looking for details on how the seat back buffers mount on the backs of the outboard seats. I have the square "rubber squabs" for the seatback, but are not quite sure how they go on. Neither the green book or my restoration guides go into that level of detail and the RN tech help didn't have the answer. I have the Exmoor seats and right now they are just leaning against the bulkhead capping.

a pic would be great. thanks all.

Rgds, w

crankin
04-05-2012, 03:53 PM
With Screws...
The screws go above the bulk head and face down. You want to make sure that when you seat is all the way forward that the screw doesn't ride against the bulkhead...and when they are all the way back, the rubber still rides between the seat and bulkhead.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-yBJXR6lGR40/TnfUINYyR0I/AAAAAAAABY8/HHWJPgcXD4A/s912/IMG_0615.jpg

pitchrollyaw
04-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Clint, you are my hero...and a guy who also uses grade 8 hardware all over the rig

did you just wood screw them into the seat backs?

thanks!

pitchrollyaw
04-05-2012, 03:58 PM
also, nice looking interior BTW

crankin
04-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Na, I used a washer head screw. I wanted to have a little bit of a lip riding on the rubber.

Drill a little hole first to help it screw in....AND....you do not want to go to long. Maybe about 3/4 in. If you go longer you might get poked in the back..or even poke through the seat.

Yep. Grade 8 on almost everything. Thanks!

bls72bmw
03-19-2016, 08:37 PM
Hey! Now to resurrect a 4 yearbold thread!

Is this an actual LR Part?
I have a set of curved foam things my PO gave me and cant see how they fit on. Before installing this mod thouggt Inwould ask what Im missing on the foam parts I have- do you guys notice a difference with these installed or no?