PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure Gauge '73 88"

artpeck
04-07-2012, 05:44 PM
My OE oil pressure gauge stopped indicating anything some time ago vaguely coincident with my messing around in the dash and reinstalling the speedometer. Trying to trace the issue and I started with the sender off the oil filter. I presume (but using logic and presuming around land rovers can be hazardous) that grounding the sender wire should max the gauge. And it does nothing which lead me to believe it is a connection behind the instrument cluster. I also know that the fuel gauge and the temp gauge run through the voltage stabilizer. Should the oil pressure gauge do the same? The wiring diagram in my green bible conveniently doesn't include the pressure gauge but again logic would dictate so.

Sorry for such a long winded request and appreciate any thoughts

pitchrollyaw
04-08-2012, 03:58 PM
i've yet to find a wiring diagram for our vehicles that includes the oil pressure sender, but my reading leads me to believe that the oil pressure gauge circuit feeds from the voltage stabilizer. assuming you have power to the sensor and no other faults, grounding the sensor should show a full scale deflection on the gauge.

at least that is my assumption, but as my other post indicates, i'm having some gauge issues myself...

good luck, let us know what you find out.