PDA

View Full Version : fuel and Temp guage

Tbedman
04-08-2012, 02:53 PM
My fuel and temp guage is not working. Could it be the voltage stabilizer? What should I check? timco3:nono:

pitchrollyaw
04-08-2012, 03:53 PM
both gauges feed from it so it is certainly possible if not probable. is anything else on that circuit affected? i'd test the temp gauge by grounding the connector, if you are getting power the gauge should show full deflection indicating a possible problem w/ the sensor. if not, you are not getting power through the gauge.

TeriAnn
04-08-2012, 06:13 PM
My fuel and temp guage is not working. Could it be the voltage stabilizer? What should I check? timco3:nono:

Put a volt meter on the light green wire going between the voltage stabilizer and the gauges & see what it says. It is a really easy check.

Tbedman
04-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Hi, IO will do that could it be the fuel sensor? Do I need a new Voltage Stabilizer?

SafeAirOne
04-09-2012, 05:45 AM
You need to troubleshoot the problem to determine what, if anything, you need to replace. Nobody here is going to accurately be able to tell you if your voltage stabilizer is bad based on the information your provided. Same with the fuel sender or any other component part of the simple indicating systems.

You need to do the troubleshooting yourself. Here's how the indicating systems work:

12 volts is supplied to the voltage stabilizer via the dark green wire. The stabilizer averages 10 volts output via the light green wire to the fuel gauge and the temp gauge. From there, via 2 separate circuits, the 10 volts goes through the gauges and on to the fuel sender or the temp sender. The senders each vary the amount of electrical resistance (and therefore the reading on the gauge) that 10 volts sees before returning to the battery through a ground path.