PDA

View Full Version : Bikini top pattern

Partsman
04-08-2012, 09:48 PM
I was just given a bunch of canvas this week-end, and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a pattern for a bikini top for my 109 for the summer months?

masonater
04-09-2012, 06:11 AM
I have heard Cj-7 bikini tops can sort of fit. Maybe you could track down one of those and adjust as needed. I have a bunch of sunbrella for my Swan and was thinking of doing something similar. Good luck! and keep us posted

Jim-ME
04-09-2012, 06:57 AM
Do you have access to a complete canvas top? If I were to make one I'd copy the front half complete with the straps that go to the windshield and then look at the pictures on All Wheel Trim or Exmoor to see how they attach the straps to the rear.
Jim

siii8873
04-09-2012, 03:03 PM
I have a bikini top that I think is a jeep type. I will never use it if anyone is interested. It is in great shape.

Partsman
04-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Do you have access to a complete canvas top? If I were to make one I'd copy the front half complete with the straps that go to the windshield and then look at the pictures on All Wheel Trim or Exmoor to see how they attach the straps to the rear.
Jim
No i don't, I only have a 3/4 top with rear hoops.

I have a bikini top that I think is a jeep type. I will never use it if anyone is interested. It is in great shape.

If I were a bit closer to you I'd probably be interested if for no other reason than to use it for a pattern.

Good luck! and keep us posted

If I can figure out a decent pattern, I'll post a link to a digital file to the pattern for everyone to use, and post a build thread here too. I personally think that the bikini top is the way to go in a Series Rover for the summer time. Especially after having driven my previous rig for so many years with a hard top every summer. I've already decided that I'm not going to go through that kind of torture again, but at the same time a little shade and some cover from the occasional thunder storm would be nice.