PDA

View Full Version : Mounting Rear Bench Seats

jumpmaster54
04-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Does anyone have any pics for mounting the inward facing bench seats? I think I may be missing a few small parts. Thanks

Stan

SafeAirOne
04-20-2012, 02:43 PM
As fitted to________________. (there were a few different ways they were mounted according to the SIII parts book).

jumpmaster54
04-20-2012, 05:23 PM
As fitted to the an SIIa sw

Stan

morgant
04-21-2012, 08:27 AM
There are upward angled tabs on the bench seat back that fit into slots in the body capping, then there are two bolts (one at each end of the bench seat) that go down through holes in the base and through the tub/body. Basically just two bolts, some washers, and nuts for each bench seat.

TedW
04-21-2012, 08:37 AM
There are upward angled tabs on the bench seat back that fit into slots in the body capping, then there are two bolts (one at each end of the bench seat) that go down through holes in the base and through the tub/body. Basically just two bolts, some washers, and nuts for each bench seat.

An extra set of hands will be helpful.

I have found that the hardest part of this job is bending the tabs inward enough to provide a tight fit that won't result in the seat back rattling after installation. If you bend them in too much you won't get them into the slots in the capping.