PDA

View Full Version : Evidence of side steps on a 109?

4flattires
04-30-2012, 12:06 PM
All four rocker panels sport the hole (and fastener) for the rubber bumper as shown. Only one rubber bumper remains after being neglected for 25 years.

Would I be correct in guessing this had 4 steps installed at one time?

yorker
04-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Yes

o2batsea
04-30-2012, 08:52 PM
The 109 Station Wagon came with all the goodies: Deluxe elephant hide interior with side bolsters trim panels and headliner, full rubber mats, Sunshield over roof, Alpine windows, rear seating (what a joke), locking door latches, dished deluxe bonnet with spare mount, heater, side and rear folding steps, Station Wagon badge, One piece rear door, grab handles for doors, and could be optioned with wing mirrors, sun visors, overdrive, PTO winch, Hydraulic winch, capstan winch, rear PTO, and many other conveniences.
In those days you could get farm implements that would be powered by either the front or rear PTO, and there were lots to choose from. I particularly like the sawmill and the rear bush hog.

4flattires
04-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the posts. New pricing scares me a bit, so I guess I'm off to source 4 used ones.

SafeAirOne
05-01-2012, 01:40 AM
If you do much off-road driving in the rockier parts of the desert (or anywhere, I suppose) you'll wish you didn't have those side steps get hung up on everything.

If you look hard enough, you can find my 4 in the county landfill just east of Imperial, California.

yorker
05-01-2012, 06:45 AM
They seem to get caught on logs and rocks and stuff all the time so a lot of people junk them, you should be able to find them used as a result. I'd sell you mine but I think I scrapped them.