PDA

View Full Version : *****F/S NOS Series II Banjo Type Steering Wheel*****

Blubird55
05-03-2012, 12:22 PM
I have a NOS Banjo Wheel that I bought from Dunsfold in the UK. It was part of a collection they had 10 or so, and it was like pulling teeth to get them to sell it to me. I was planning on using it when I finished restoring my Series IIa but things have changed. I can forward any pics, plus I will throw in a NOS center cap with the horn button. Koliaskb@yahoo.com

George
917-498-4840

bkreutz
05-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Are you aware that Rovers North sponsors this site? Are you aware that their business is selling Rover parts? If you read the rules in the "For Sale" section (yes there is one of those) you will find that selling parts is specifically prohibited. I looked and they offer a Banjo steering wheel for sale in their online catalog. Not only is this thread breaking the rules, it's tacky and rude as well. Try Craigslist or Ebay. :mad:

Blubird55
05-03-2012, 01:49 PM
This is a FORUM correct.... If you search around like you did for looking up rules, you will see that there is a lot of parts on this ROVERS NORTH FORUM that are being listed and sold. Prior to me listing I was in touch with the administrator and was clear on what I was going to post.

If they have a NOS steering wheel which I highly doubt it would be the only one as they are not available anymore. This is the reason I posted it on this forum to allow other members the opportunity at it before I went and listed it on FeeBay..

yorker
05-03-2012, 02:10 PM
This is a FORUM correct.... If you search around like you did for looking up rules, you will see that there is a lot of parts on this ROVERS NORTH FORUM that are being listed and sold. Prior to me listing I was in touch with the administrator and was clear on what I was going to post.

If they have a NOS steering wheel which I highly doubt it would be the only one as they are not available anymore. This is the reason I posted it on this forum to allow other members the opportunity at it before I went and listed it on FeeBay..

Series I, II, IIA, III
(7 Viewing)
Sell your complete Land Rover Series II, IIA, III, or Land Rover project but not individual parts. Posts listing parts for sale will be removed, and the users may be banned from posting. COMMERCIAL POSTING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

FWIW Rovers North doesn't simply "sponsor" this forum they own it outright.

Blubird55
05-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Yes, I read that... I'm sure the members who have listed PARTS and are going to list, read it as well. If the administrator wants to pull the thread then they should move on removing all the threads that have parts for sale or F/S or looking for, etc.. But like I said it will only come off if RN wants it off.

yorker
05-03-2012, 02:34 PM
At least they put their parts in a "For Sale" forum and not a tech forum.

Blubird55
05-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Series 2 and 2a parts for sale
Early defender doors for sale
Late IIa bulkhead for sale
Etc...

I could go on and on... Or you could simply type in For Sale in the search bar and OH...

Les Parker
05-03-2012, 03:29 PM
The ideal of the BBs is to let it be mainly self monitoring.

The rules are there for a reason.

Thus we appreciate folks who stick to the rules so "The Big Stick" of moderation is not needed too often.

It's all down to the enthusiasts and their ethics.....