PDA

View Full Version : Swivel Pin. Studs or Bolts?

BGGB
05-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Im in the process of restoring a 69 bugeye and have run into a problem with the swivel pin. on reinstalling the swivel pins (top goes in railco, bottom has the steering arm) i can't figure out what bolts/studs to use. i remember taking bolts out of the top and studs out of the bottom, however there seems to be two differnet size studs thicknesses. the thicker studs just don't seem to want to fit in the bottom steering arm? did i get something mixed up or do they press in hard. just confused and frusterated. i think that the steering arm is suppose to take the thicker studs so the steering is nice and tight but i can't get the stud to thread in, it just hits the shoulder of the thick part of the stud and stops. any help? I can take pictures in needed

siii8873
05-05-2012, 03:39 PM
been working on the same thing, 69 bugeye also. The tops are bolts 7/16 x 1-3/8 BSF. On the bottom are studs 2 with wider bodies and two without the wider body. I have not got to installing mine but they may have to go in the correct location. I am pretty sure the wider ones act as dowel pins for an accurate location of the steering arms thus a tight fit, . Try the wider ones in the 4 holes in the steering arm and see if they fit. I think they are opposite of each other diagonally.