PDA

View Full Version : Idle High, Idle Low

jonnyrover
05-16-2007, 09:08 AM
My 96 disco started a new game with me last friday... it decided to start idling down from around 700-900 rpm (normal) to nothing and then die multiple times. It always restarted but i had to throw it into neutral and keep giving it gas (whenever i came to a stop) until i got to where i was going. Then i let it sit while my little boy and i were at the doctor 45mins. +/-. When i got back in there was not a problem to be seen. That is until this morning (wednesday) when the engine began idling at around 1300-1400 rpms. Then it started to idle low again 10 mins later. By the time i got to work it was fine again.

My guess is bad gas or clogged fuel filter... Any insight? I will probably be buying some injector cleaner this afternoon to begin the troubleshooting process.:confused: Thanks.

jonnyrover
06-13-2007, 03:31 PM
never heard back from any one on the issue. but i added EFI cleaner and have since replaced the fuel filter. no funky stalling so far... hopefully, i found the problem and fixed it!

SGFMORover
06-19-2007, 05:34 PM
fuel issues are likely; if it hapens again see if it'll maintain idle in park or neutral vs drive. voltage problems would be the next route after that.