PDA

View Full Version : Help, mechanic needed in Western Pa/Eastern Ohio

keithg
05-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Sadly, I haven't had a chance to work on my '73 S3 in a couple months and I want, no, I NEED to drive my Rover this summer. I've decided to find some help and I hope someone on here knows who I can take it to that's within a couple hours of Pittsburgh, Pa. I have the engine running well but it needs a clutch and a few other bits to make it road worthy. I'd like to find someone that does this as a side job or as a hobby and would like to get paid for it. I'll load it up on my trailer and deliver it to your door.

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

keithg
05-23-2012, 11:03 PM
Come on guys.....don't you know anyone?

amcordo
05-24-2012, 07:42 AM
Sorry - there just aren't many people with Series in this area!

jonnyc
05-24-2012, 10:58 AM
The joys of Rover ownership. Get out your "Green Bible", roll up your sleeves, and..........

My local garage will do lots of standard jobs, like clutch and brakes, but it's lots more fun and rewarding (and yes, time-consuming) to do them yourself.

keithg
05-24-2012, 10:31 PM
I'm short on time, not ability. I wouldn't take a Rover to a local garage that has no real experience with them. Amcordo is right when he said that there aren't many Rovers in our area so I don't want to pay for someone's learning curve.....or failure.

mearstrae
05-24-2012, 11:33 PM
Keith,
There used to be a guy in Slippery Rock, called Old Gray Norm (never knew his last name) who dabbled with these things. I don't even know if he still exists, haven't seen him in years. But at least it might be a lead... I'd take it on, but I'm up to my ears in broken Rovers and home remodelling.

'95 R.R.C. Lwb
'76 Series III Hybrid 109
'70 Rover 3500S

amcordo
05-25-2012, 07:12 AM
Old Gray Norm

If he's not around anymore I call dibs on his name.