PDA

View Full Version : 1984 Defender 300Tdi for sale - $22K OBO

hillstrubl
05-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Hey Guys,
After a recent addition to the family, I'm looking to upgrade to something with more doors and seats (and A/C). Ideally I'd just love a 110 version of my exact car, but I'm having trouble finding that. I'm looking for a 300TDI Disco (preferably one originally a NAS for insurance/registration reasons).

I'm looking to get $22K for mine, unless somebody has an available trade that might be worth me checking out.

1984 90
300TDI, ALWAYS starts even in the very cold, not too much smoke
Great fuel economy.
Replaced battery with new Bosch (warranty from Pep Boys)
Added an oil pan engine block heater
New Water pump

Changed all fluids, including gearboxes, diffs, brakes, steering fluids, etc
Changed all U-Joints
All new brakes around (last winter from Roverland (aka Overland 4x4 (http://www.overland4x4s.com/)) in Alexandria, VA, this spring from Rover Repairs (http://www.roverrepairs.com/) here in Philly)
Did the timing belt last year
Put on 1 of the 2 flipup side steps I bought when I was in the UK (the other one will be included I just haven't gotten around to installing it).
Replaced a bad shock
Replaced a broken front windshield sprayer (have the rear one just haven't put it on yet)

Interior:
I put in 3 Jumpseats
Lined the entire rear area (after repainting) with thick rubber matting, which helped a LOT with insulation and noise. Put in a rubber mat and a carpet as well.
Put in Pioneer 6x9's in the rear using Defendoor boxes (http://www.defendoor.co.uk/Defender-rear-speakers.php)
Replaced the dash speakers with pioneers as well
Replaced the radio with an Alpine MP3 HD radio
Replaced broken antenna with a rubberized shorty one.
The stereo sounds great.

Exterior:
Good glass all around.
Ospho'ed the ENTIRE frame and anywhere else that needed it.
Added a NAS front bumper + Brushguard
Put a stainless steel grill on, which was painted with plastidip and rustoleum hammered grey (original plastic grill will be included)
3 x Hella 500s, 2 are amber and on 1 switch, 1 clear driving light on another circuit. All with Relays.
Rear worklight with 2 activation switches (rear switch will turn on regardless of ignition position, front switch turns on with ignition)
Custom Susquehanna Motorsports headlight wiring harness
Tires are 4 BFG AT's 265/75R16 and a Michelin 7.5R16 spare (matching wheel)

Fixed up lots of little things, bulbs, etc
Not sure what else to list, please feel free to ask questions.

Probably could use a rear crossmember at some point. I haven't really addressed that yet.

Shifts great, no issues driving it every day, very reliable.

Clear PA Title + inspection - will deliver within reasonable distance from Philly

Extra parts included, a new flip up driver's side step, used but in good shape flip up rear step, a galvy rear crossmember step, rear washer nozzle, new door lock cylinders (if I can find them), original plastic grill, other stuff as I find it.

This is just a feeler, but I'm listening to offers! Yes, I'll take all the decals off if requested.