PDA

View Full Version : Worst pictures of Land Rover Series FOR SALE

LH Drive
05-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Post em up, you know you have them saved in your pc. Maybe holding on to them as a reminder of what not to get exited over. Honestly, I can't believe I was interested in buying this rig from this craigslist photo. I wasn't in a hurry and decided to wait for the snow to melt before I drove 300 miles and traversed this 3 foot snow adventure we all long for.
To not offend anyone, let's just say i'm glad I waited and passed on this Minnesota salt belt driven rare relic. I guess some sellers must have a degree in marketing and know how to make items look better in photos. So this thread is to all of them. cheers

Alaskan Rover
05-28-2012, 08:43 AM
Wait...I don't get what the problem is...body panels look straight.

There is really NOTHING on a Series that CAN'T be fixed up...including the frame.

But what was the price?

1971Series88
05-28-2012, 07:49 PM
that there is another reason not to live in MN....Holy cow that is some snow dump!!!!!!!

LH Drive
05-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Wait...I don't get what the problem is...body panels look straight.

There is really NOTHING on a Series that CAN'T be fixed up...including the frame.

But what was the price?

Sorry, I didn't save the info on this rover and glad to know I wasn't the only one that would be interested in calling by the looks of the ad photos. FYI, there wasn't an aluminum panel that didn't have galvanic electrolisis corrosion near the bottom 2 inches of those straight panels that were coverd by snow in the photos.

Lord Icon
05-29-2012, 05:45 AM

Here is a before and after.. Yup same truck , and yes that's an award at the British Invasion, The ribbon says " Best in Show"... How you like them apples?
Cheers, Kris and "George the series 3":thumb-up: