PDA

View Full Version : 1969 NADA dashboard ID plate placement ?

Revtor
05-29-2012, 09:05 AM
Title says it all. My truck came w/its ID plate in a cardboard box and I want to get it mounted in the correct place. I cannot find any interior shots of unmolested LHD series rovers. My gut feeling is that it should be centrered on a body-color, medium width dash panel, which should be mounted directly to the right of the instrument panel. Sound right? My inst panel and oilpressure gauge/ashtray panels are black BTW..

Anyone with a pic or placement idea?

thanks!
~Steve

greenmeanie
05-29-2012, 11:25 AM
She's molested but the chassis # plate installation is correct.

TedW
05-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Steve: Look on your dash at the spot where greenmeanie's plate is attached - the holes for your plate should be there - assuming the metal backing hasn't been replaced at some point.

Ted

Revtor
05-29-2012, 01:39 PM
BINGO!! the holes are there. great. thanks for the pic and tip!!!!!!

What threw me off is that on my truck, there was a body color dash panel to the right of my instrument panel, with a Warn locking hubs sticker on it. (I've got warn hubs) The PO had, in a box, another body color dash panel, with a bunch of holes drilled in it with the ID plate riveted to it.

So now the questions are...
Why would a PO remove the ID plate from the factory location?
Did the truck come with Warn hubs, and did the dealer add the dashplate as a place for the Warn sticker?

thanks again
~Steve

TedW
05-29-2012, 03:01 PM
PO's do mysterious things - many of which can never be explained.

Question: Is the other VIN plate still in the driver's door jamb? If so, it would be good if the numbers matched.......

o2batsea
05-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Mine is/was on the flat area next to the Smith's (round) heater, just above the instruction plate. It was on a padded bulkhead ( Deluxe SW )