PDA

View Full Version : **SOLD**1960 SII 109 Mercedes OM616 Diesel

willyswagon
06-05-2012, 09:46 AM
**SOLD**I am trying to sell my 60 Land Rover 109. I bought it and built it about 3 years ago. I bought it from a guy who's friend restored it in the mid 80's and did a lot of work to it. the entire drive train, body, interior, was all redone. I still have all the reciepts from the shop that did the work and parts. It was parked in a barn since the late 80's and brought out and driven around every few years. When I bought it it was in excellent shape but needed work on the break and clutch hydros. I fixed everything and put in english made copper break lines. The odometer was turned back in the 80's and it showed just over 300 miles when I bought it. It currently has about 3000 miles on it. I like diesel powered stuff so my next step was to convert it over to a Mercedes 240D motor. The 616 Benz motor is out of a later 240 and is rated at 67HP. I bought a kit a guy made for this purpose and only had to take a small chunk out of the right side motor mount to get it to fit. Other than the engine compartment and paint the rover is a stock 109. The drive train is stock except the trans is now a SIIA unit. it has a farley OD that also was new and now has only 3000 miles on it. Tires are really cool Mitchilin mud tires and they are all in perfact shape even tho they are 20+ years old. seats are excellent. frame is solid will need some paint and maintance. body is straight with only small dents here and there. The Motor works very well in the rover, it's not very peppy but is tons of fun to go though the woods in and drive around town. with the OD rover will do 65MPH no problem but can get slowed down on big hills with a good load in it. The original Motor could be put back in without very much work. I was carefull not to hack it all up. If your intrested in the stock Rover gas Motor I will sell it also. The paint was not in the best shape so It was not a big deal to paint like a zebra. would of had to be painted anyway. It has a full size homemade basket roofrack it's only current problem is a slight fuel tank leak if the fuel is filled over 3/4 tank. I have a SIIA I want to work on next and this one has to go. Clear NJ title in my name. $9000 obo Currently located in Bernville pa 20 min. outside Reading. 2 hours west of NYC, 70 min NW of Philly. E-Mail scrnemec@hotmail.com Stephen (908) 283-6915 please leave a message if I don't answer I have bad recption whear I live.