PDA

View Full Version : Shadow of the Rockies ???

dreamin88s
06-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Hi, not sure where to post this figure here might be safe
Has anyone had experince on this run?
found it a few weeks ago by accident looking for a set of wolf rims
sounds like a fun run where a series iii can get through(with a trailer:p),at best it is for motorbikes though after reading & looking at photos thought the Rover could also run this in most parts viewed
any experince with this route would be great as this is what I'm planning for a vacation
Dreamin88s

ThePhotographer
06-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Looks like a lot of fun! http://www.bigdogadventures.com/ShadowOfTheRockies.htm

dreamin88s
06-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Thats where this idea started, looks like the Rover could do it,looking for anyone who has run any of it in a 4x4
Kinda like the idea of doing this for a vacation for the simple reason of slow pace being able to enjoy the view without a fool tailgating talking on the phone or texting trying to push the Rover faster than we like to go

Revtor
06-11-2012, 09:32 AM
looks really nice.. Overlanding vs offroading I guess.

Man I wish I was out west sometimes!!

Rat Patrol
06-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Give a hollar if anyone gets out to Wyoming as I'd be interested in meeting up AND yes, looks like fun.

dreamin88s
06-17-2012, 10:01 AM
Well from what I read,some of the passes,are not recomended for drum brakes, fading issues to deal with,that was why the shadow of the rockies looked so good,big dog adventures has a lot of photos to get a idea of what to expect during most of it
still would like to hear from experince on any of it
nice to know other are intrested

Skookumchuck
12-20-2012, 02:57 PM
That looks like a great trip. In BC we have millions of miles of FSR (logging roads) that you can drive. It is possible to travel almost the entire way around the province and hardly touch pavement. A great place for the Rover, unfortunatley the Misses has moved us to Missouri so I no longer have any fun roads to run when the Rover finaly gets finished with the mechanic. I will have to take as many back roads as posssible when I drive it down from Canada in the spring. I would love to do the shadow of the rockies trip with a few other Rovers looks like a great time.