PDA

View Full Version : Insurance?

jp-
05-18-2007, 09:12 AM
I know we've been through this before, but I can't seem to find it.

So who do you guys use and what are the rates?

I looked on Hagerty's website and they say that they don't insure any offroad or camping vehicles.

My current issurer doesn't even list 66 or 67 Land Rovers.

NelsAnderson
05-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Your options depend on what state you live in, of course. I did some research on this a few months back and ultimately found I really didn't have any options, as the speciality vehicle insurers won't insure Land Rovers if they are being used in the manner they are intended to be. I ended up having to use my regular insurer, same as my daily driver.

jp-
05-18-2007, 11:36 AM
Oh,

I forgot to mention that I'm only interested in liability.

Tim Smith
05-18-2007, 01:53 PM
I use Met Life regular car insurance and have had no problems with them (no accidents either). It's listed as a second car (not primary driver) and only costs a few hundred every 6 months. :thumb-up:

On another note, the 1974 lightweight is registered with antique plates and for anyone else in CT, you should know that this cut my annual taxes all the way down to about $30. The 1966 109 has regular plates and costs me closer to $100. :confused:

Either way, I could have a whole fleet of series rovers and the taxes would be cheaper than on the A6 I had. What a money pit that thing was. :eek:

Cheers.

Leslie
05-18-2007, 03:05 PM
I'm w/ State Farm for all my vehicles (and homeowners, too), can't remember what the breakdown on the premium is off the top of my head to tell you specifically about the Series, but it's not a lot... given that they factor in the limited number of miles it sees a year...

Jeff Aronson
05-18-2007, 03:13 PM
I register both of my Land Rovers as daily cars and one has a stated insured value, courtesy of an appraiser. Concord General is the insurance company and I've had no problems.

singingcamel
05-18-2007, 04:58 PM
make sure you insure for stated value,otherwise they will give what the going price by what the book says and that ain't much,just ask me...
they will require a pic or two. it will cost alittle more but i think its worthit..

jac04
05-19-2007, 05:19 PM
My Rover is insured through Hagerty without any issues, and they never asked how I was using it (but mine hasn't been off-road in a long, long time).

sayers
05-20-2007, 04:38 PM
I have mine covered by grundy's classic car insurance, the rate are very good. check out there web site www.grundy's.com (http://www.grundy's.com)

jp-
05-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Thanks, guys.

TedW
05-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Does anyone know a vehicle appraiser in central/southern Maine? I want to insure my truck for what its market value is (whatever that may be) but can't find anyone with the appropriate Land-Rover chops. Any ideas?? Jeff?? Anyone??

jp-
07-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Just for an update, I went with State Farm for everything. I called a bunch of different places, but State Farm was the only one that told me they would insure the Land Rovers as well as my regular vehicles.

The rate is great! $54 a month for 2 Land Rover, the Montero, and the Ducati! You can't beat that.

Of course, I'm an excellent driver, especially on the driveway.

giorgio
07-25-2007, 05:42 PM
I am in Arkansas, and use Farm Bureau. Liability only, no questions asked, and it is $107.66 for six months. I have several vehicles insured with them. The real "treat" is my 1975 Travco Motorhome.... $26.00 for six months.

I do get the multi-vehicle, mature driver, no claims and companion policy discounts, but I don't have any idea what those amount to.

fruitpunch
07-25-2007, 06:19 PM
1 rover NYC, Geico, 88 bucks per month.... liabilty only

I know not cheap but then it's New York City were a parking spot is 250 a month an up.