PDA

View Full Version : Series IIA Wiper Motor Help

ocsddep
06-16-2012, 07:16 AM
I have a 67 NADA 109 with the single wiper motor that has a cable driving both wipers. I believe it is the later model with a single speed. After testing, it was determined the motor is bad, so I am trying to pull it out to have it rebuilt. Does the whole cable come off with the motor after disconnecting the wiper arms? I loosened the sleeve nut that holds the cable on the motor, but was unable to pull the cable off. I didn't want to pull hard and break anything.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Ray

superstator
06-16-2012, 10:45 AM
The cable comes off the motor, but you need to open the motor housing to do it. That motor is NLA, so if rebuilding doesn't work you will have to replace it with the later SIII motor and bracket, which I'll tell you now is an enormous PITA.

ignotus
06-16-2012, 11:55 PM
It is not easy to put back together but you can take the cover off the drive gear on the motor by turning the motor in the dash. Undo the clamp. The 2 speed defender motor fits as a replacement plus you get the park function, just have to add another wire.

gene

ocsddep
06-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the advice. We were able to remove it, send it to a shop and had it rebuilt in 1 hr for $40. Can't beat it!