X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radradical
    Low Range
    • May 2007

Lift Extension Shocks

Does anyone know of a manufacturer of longer shocks for the P38? I have an Arnott srping conversion with the additional 3" spacer, but can not get full extension due to the shocks.
    Rover is an Attitude! Offical Worldwide Jeep Recovery Vehicle!
  • benderjoshua
    Low Range
    • Feb 2007

sorry i don't know of any but would love to see a pic of your rover. How big of tires are you running?
    Joshua 95D90 NAS SW
    Bleedin Green

Comment

• Radradical
      Low Range
      • May 2007

I'll get some pictures posted. I'm running 285/75R16 with a nominal height of 32.1in. With the additional lift the only scrubbing I have had was at full extension (17in) I had extended brake lines made along with extending the ABS wiring. I am still looking to relocate the control arms and getting a longer drive shaft made to accomodate the further extension taller shocks will allow.

Comment

• Radradical
        Low Range
        • May 2007

Originally posted by Radradical
        I'll get some pictures posted. I'm running 285/75R16 with a nominal height of 32.1in. With the additional lift the only scrubbing I have had was at full extension (17in) I had extended brake lines made along with extending the ABS wiring. I am still looking to relocate the control arms and getting a longer drive shaft made to accomodate the further extension taller shocks will allow.
        Here it is!

Comment

• benderjoshua
          Low Range
          • Feb 2007

that looks great. hope to do that to mine someday.....
          Joshua 95D90 NAS SW
          Bleedin Green

Comment

• joshua.mcguoirk
            1st Gear
            • Sep 2007

Pro-Comp

Originally posted by Radradical
            Does anyone know of a manufacturer of longer shocks for the P38? I have an Arnott srping conversion with the additional 3" spacer, but can not get full extension due to the shocks.
            Did a quick Google and found that Pro-Comp makes shocks for the RR with a 3" lift. Good luck.
            1990 RRC, 3.9L, AUTO "Willow Pond" (Sold)
            1996 D1, 4.0L, AUTO "Lucas"
            1999 RR, 4.0L, AUTO "Belle" (Sold)

Comment

• Radradical
              Low Range
              • May 2007

Where did you find those? I have looked all over and found ones for a RR Classic and Discovery, but not for the P38. That seems to be my problem, not many people are looking to upgrade these P38's yet so the manufacturers are not making the upgrade parts.

Comment

• Rovah
                Low Range
                • Jun 2007

If anyone finds a suitable shock for a lifted P38, let me know. I searched and searched online and can't find any. Are we going to have to fab upper shock relocation mounts?

Cheers! John

Comment

• jimbo1462
                  Low Range
                  • Mar 2008

shocks

Old man emu's shocks are the way to go.....try AtlanticBritish.com

Comment

Working...