PDA

View Full Version : A few FFR questions...

Jazzop
06-25-2012, 06:50 PM
I'm beginning to think about starting to motivate myself to consider reviving my Landie, which has been in storage for 6 years during a period of intense career development and relocation. Mine is not a FFR vehicle, but I have compelling reason to install a radio rack with HF, VHF-FM, VHF-AM, and possibly other radio sets to utilize in county/state emergency response. This gives rise to several questions:

1. Does anyone have a good link or resource for Series II/IIA FFR vehicles? I'd especially like to see how the radio racks and operator's station were situated, in order to determine if I should attempt to use "OEM" parts or fabricate my own setup. I know the 24V electrical system is its own animal; but unless it provides overwhelming advantages, building my own 12V radio system would not be too onerous.

2. If the ex-MOD FFR setup turns out to be a usable configuration, would I be better off starting with an original FFR vehicle from the beginning? Where along the continuum of rare and pricey do these trucks fall?

Thanks

derekchace
06-25-2012, 08:14 PM
Just buy a FFR already kitted out with a clansmen system that works and build of that. It will be cheaper in the long run then trying to add onto your current Rover. If you do want to get a FFR already to go from the UK let me know.

Jazzop
06-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Can anyone give me some good photos of the radio rack and operator's station?