PDA

View Full Version : Cracked block = parts sale!

superstator
07-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Well, I finally got my 2.25d block into the machine shop, and after cleaning & magnafluxing they found a couple cracks through the waterjackets :mad:. I have a 300tdi waiting in the wings, so I'm just going to write this guy off. Which means I've got a lot of parts if anybody is interested!

Head checked out good when it was at the same machinist a couple years ago - should just need a good cleaning and the old gasket scraped off. Everything else was working when I disassembled, but hasn't been cleaned or checked. If somebody wanted to take the whole lot off my hands at once that'd be my preference, otherwise I guess I'll ebay what I can and send the rest to the metal recyclers.

In addition to engine guts, there's:
Starter
Clutch
SII Transmission & bellhousing (haven't checked numbers, was a reman put in 5-10 years ago)
Manifolds

I'll entertain any offers up to and including free to the first guy to show up.

redmondrover
07-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Sent PM re transmission

o2batsea
07-03-2012, 05:28 PM
That's too bad the engine is kaput, but you are so going to love the Tdi that you will forget all about that old lump.
I did the whole rebuild thing to mine too, 15 years ago; new everything. Put it in the truck thinking it would finally go like stink. Well it stunk alright. Still bogged down on the slightest incline. Was I mad.
Finally after all this time I'm doing it right with a 200 Tdi, R380 and LT230 and a coil conversion.

4flattires
07-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Now you post a head! :) Mine just came back from the machine shop. Ouch.

Woops, nevermind the PM, just saw diesel.