PDA

View Full Version : begining to wonder

dreamin88s
07-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Hi, read here often & dont post often enough though,
After reading the endless threads on springs and issues I too have a question on para's and sagging (maybe) after a few months of daily driving
Mine in front look kinda flat and would like to know of the height of another to compare,from the wheel arch, bumper bottom, botton spring plate(88)
I am running para's with 109mil shackels,new 235/85's and the front springs look flat along with the shocks looking flat(or no lift)
after measuring this morning I have front measurement of both sides to help compare with
front right will be first
top arch 36.5
bottom bumper 20.75
bottom center of spring plate 11.5
left side
front left arch 35.25
left bottom bumper 20.00
bottom spring plate 11.5
any measurement from other would be great, after spending all the money for the "kit" and time installed is this correct to be off this far this soon,if there are other factors that should be looked into please let me know,I dont have the kind of money to throwaway like this,nor the experince to tell good from bad
thinking on having the para's rearched with a helper spring to avoid future issues or.......doing the same with the factory military springs and throwing the para's back to the seller!

SafeAirOne
07-04-2012, 10:50 AM
...along with the shocks looking flat(or no lift)

Does this mean they look compressed? They shouldn't be providing any 'lift' to anything.

dreamin88s
07-04-2012, 07:33 PM
no, really not sure on how to explain,
springs look flat with no upwards bend at mounting points
left side sits lower than right easily seen from standing in front

SafeAirOne
07-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Ah. OK...so the SPRINGS look flat not the SHOCKS. If you bought your parabolics new from somebody with in the last few months and they have since lost their arch, I'd probably address this with the seller of the springs. This is especially true if the parabolics are sold specifically for your application.

Personally, with all the 'parabolic problem' stories out there, I can't understand why folks are attracted to them...

dreamin88s
07-05-2012, 04:21 PM
I guess the question still is are they flat?
wouldn't want to accuse a seller not knowing for sure from lack of experince though seems kinda lopsided ,or at least from the measurements above
just looking for a set to compare with from someone
I too thought they were the way to go "new & inprooved!!"
over a grand ($) later here we are back to looking at the orignals ( if I could find withworth nuts for the spring u-bolts)

scatterling
07-05-2012, 05:29 PM
I've had parabolics on my 109 military truck for almost 2 years now and no sagging or lopsidedness.
So in answer to your question, NO they should not be flat. What is the make you bought? Contact the seller, it would not be accusatory. You might just have gotten a bad spring.