PDA

View Full Version : oil feed pipe from the filter housing to the iol pressure gauge

stomper
07-10-2012, 02:46 PM
OK, so I am treading water on this one. My oil line from the pressure gauge to the oil filter housing sprung a leak. the part is NLA, and I went to 3 different hydraulic hose companies to have one built. No one seems to be be able to identify the fittings, or has them around here. Could someone help me out with the fitting sizes, so I could order them online?

jac04
07-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Check with Nisonger Instruments. They may have what you need, be able to make one, or tell you what the fittings are.

stomper
07-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Nisonger reports they have the oil line available for sale, but it is plastic, and is 6 feet long. the original was steel braided and 3 feet long. Obviously they are selling a universal oil feed tube. On a positive note, I tracked down 3 more shops today, and finally found someone who could identify the fitting (Thanks to some help from someone on the G&R site) and is seeing if he can get one from his suppliers. With any luck, I will have a bulletproof aeroquipe line made up before my trip to Vermont. Depending on the price, I may have him make up a second one that I will make availible for sale.

bobzinak
07-12-2012, 02:29 PM
I too, had my line leak. I found one at victoria british, also I believe moss motors has them. the dual gauges were put on many british cars, the one difference was that the fitting was male going into the block, not female like the rover one. so I also had to get the correct male fitting to hook it up. hope this helps. ROVE ON ! bobzinak.

stomper
07-13-2012, 06:44 AM
thanks, that route will be my back-up plan should this gent hit a roadblock in making up an aeroquipe line.

antichrist
07-13-2012, 07:19 AM
Nisonger reports they have the oil line available for sale, but it is plastic, and is 6 feet long. the original was steel braided and 3 feet long. Obviously they are selling a universal oil feed tube.Actually Smiths switched to the plastic lines in later years. All of the new Smiths gauges I bought from Nisonger in the 80's (when they still sold new gauges, and lots of other stuff too) came with the plastic lines.

Jim-ME
07-14-2012, 05:53 AM
There is something about ever using a plastic line on my diesel that would scare me to death.
Jim

stonefox
07-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Stomper,
I may have a used one. Email stonefox99atgmaildotcom if interested.
Sean

stomper
07-15-2012, 06:12 AM
Thanks Sean, Don't go throwing it in the scrap heap, but I think I will have mine sorted shortly. I've got a local guy who works on big rig AC units sourcing the fittings and he should have one built up before the Vermont trip. You going? I'd love to share a beer with you!