PDA

View Full Version : Temp guage line routing - mechanical

4flattires
07-11-2012, 09:56 AM
This previously unused bracket was calling out to be put back into use. When removing the head, the temp gauge line routed up and over the valve cover, along the manifold side and then into the dash. Something did not seem right with that routing.

It seemed a cleaner routing to be down the firewall, across the plug side of the block, and then into the head. This bracket is close to the coil, which is not installed yet.

Do I have the bracket used for its intended purpose? Thanks.

1964, 109"

HybridIIA
07-13-2012, 05:50 AM
Yes, you are correct!

4flattires
07-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Thank you. Much appreciated.

rejeep
07-13-2012, 07:22 PM
quick question...
where does your mech temp plug into the engine?

HybridIIA
07-13-2012, 08:33 PM
This is the only photo I have w/o going outside, but you can barely see it at the bottom - I circled the connection in red. If your truck isn't equipped with a gauge, you should find a plug here.

4flattires
07-13-2012, 09:42 PM
Rejeep, the temp sensor is located in the same position as HybridII. I used a flare wrench to get to it. Naturally the head needed to be clear of the rad during removal and install. I'll fab up a cut out socket for next time and get to it while in place.

@Hybrid, If you need help rebuilding that Solex tag me back, I just did mine today.

rejeep
07-13-2012, 10:11 PM
yeah, thats where i figured... Didnt know if there was another port that I just missed..
My S3 has the electronic sender there..
I have a smiths dual mech gauge that im hooking up.. I am looking for options to run both since I would hate to look at a gauge that doesnt work..