PDA

View Full Version : What am I?

4flattires
07-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Found on the inside roof top rail, just below the alpine window on the left side, just rattling around. Or, better put, would rattle around if the truck was running. It's a '64 109 that has been sitting for 25 years.

No counterpart found on the right side of the truck, but there was a fishing rod up there.

25" long, about 2" wide. Two holes on each end for probably screw mounting. Looks like it is formed in a way that there would be a mate to this.

Sure looks to be Rover in nature. What was I born to do?

TedW
07-12-2012, 07:38 PM
It appears to be the remains of one of the "head bumpers" that went along each side of the interior - they provided some cushioning for your noggin during extreme maneuvers.

I believe that this is the metal frame on which once was a layer of foam covered by vinyl - either black or elephant hide.

HybridIIA
07-12-2012, 08:04 PM
It mounts on the bulkhead in the LH footwell to hold interior trim. I don't have a stock footwell or pedals, so I don't have the interior piece, but you can see where it mounts.

4flattires
07-12-2012, 09:47 PM
ding ding ding DING!!! We have a winner. It fits perfectly in that spot and the mounting points line up.

THANK YOU!

Psst...purdy shiny Rover you have there...nice!