X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • parrie
    2nd Gear
    • Jun 2012

Bearmach Overdrive

Does anyone have experience w/ Bearmach Toro Overdrives? I've been told that they are beefier than the Fairey ODs but I haven't been able to find alot of info or comparisons of the two.
  • I Leak Oil
    Overdrive
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by parrie
    Does anyone have experience w/ Bearmach Toro Overdrives? I've been told that they are beefier than the Fairey ODs but I haven't been able to find alot of info or comparisons of the two.
    No direct experience with the Toro but plenty with the Fairey. I've had hit and miss luck with Bearmach stuff in general and I'd be hesitant about something as important as their OD in terms of getting you home.

However, I bought a Superwinch made Fairey brand new in 1994 and just changed it out to a used RoverDrive (Now called a Roamerdrive) and I can't get over the improvement it has made! Even new, my old Fairey was never as quiet or as smooth as the Roverdrive.
    Jason
    "Clubs are for Chumps" Club president

Comment

• TedW
      5th Gear
      • Feb 2007

It was always my understanding that the Toro held more oil than the Fairey, and that was its perceived advantage. I suspect that others on this forum can explain any mechanical differences between the two.

Comment

Working...