PDA

View Full Version : An observation:

TedW
08-06-2012, 08:00 AM
It appears to me that the traffic on this forum has gone down since it was redesigned. I suppose it could be a seasonal thing: people are out doing stuff in the nice weather instead of posting online.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Any numbers from the moderators on traffic?

Ted

ThePhotographer
08-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Unfortunately we only started using Google analytics after the new forum launched, so we aren't able to see an exact number. It seems that a lot of the visit numbers are pretty solid and regular, but posting has in fact decreased.

rejeep
08-06-2012, 09:43 AM
I stayed away for a while when i logged on and saw the new forum...

I recently have been floating back...

73series88
08-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Yeh I think there's a lot more computer
Time in the winter

antichrist
08-06-2012, 03:44 PM
I block Google Analytics scripts. I wonder how many other people do as well.

ThePhotographer
08-06-2012, 11:07 PM
I block Google Analytics scripts. I wonder how many other people do as well.

Probably not many. Not many people probably understand how to, many don't think it's worth the effort, and many don't have any reason to. Is there a reason you block Google Analytics?

Sent from my iPhone

o2batsea
08-07-2012, 05:15 AM
Everyone's getting ready for the Conclave

antichrist
08-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Probably not many. Not many people probably understand how to, many don't think it's worth the effort, and many don't have any reason to. Is there a reason you block Google Analytics?I block all unneeded scripts, ads, cookies, trackers, beacons, etc.
Sort of like curtains. I may not "need" to keep people from seeing what I'm doing in my house, but I'm certainly not going to let them set up cameras in my house to monitor my activities.

More and more people are wising up to how much snooping on you web sites really do.

LaneRover
08-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Yeh I think there's a lot more computer
Time in the winter

Not in Florida!:cool:
I haven't spent as much time because of a new career and some issue with the internet at my house not liking the new website design or something like that. For awhile I couldn't look at work either but now I can at least look at work!