PDA

View Full Version : Missing ECU?-1995 RRCC 4.2 L

bulldog6
08-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster. Lots of good people and info on the board. Very useful in my search for a rover. Just picked up a 95 classic in pretty fair shape. Need help figuring out what's missing from underneath the front passenger seat. Got an empty bracket and unplugged wires. At the same time the battery runs down until it's dead after about 6 hours of being turned off. Thinking the two might be connected somehow. Researching RAVE and boards it sounds like there should be an ECU or body control module there. I'm stuck and any help would be great appreciated.
There is also a rocker switch in the compartment. I'll try to post pics when I'm at my desktop. Thanks.

ThePhotographer
08-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Does the vehicle run at all?

bulldog6
08-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Starts right up as long as it hasn't been shut down with the battery still connected.

ThePhotographer
08-06-2012, 02:45 PM
If it were your ECU, it wouldn't be turning on. I believe the ECU in a 95 classic is behind the glove box anyways. If your air suspension has been converted to coil springs, the person probably removed the air suspension computer from under the passenger seat.

bulldog6
08-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Awesome. Exactly what I needed to know. Sounds like I need to get busy running down a ground. Thanks for your help.