PDA

View Full Version : 67 LR Series IIA,109 NADA. CA Truck all orginal. Rust Free, needs paint.$16,950 OBO

ocsddep
08-19-2012, 10:14 PM
I just listed my truck on eBay. Here is the description from eBay. Thanks. Ray Item#130751434374
=========
Let me start by saying this Truck is RARE.. Only 811 were made, about 250 are still known to exist. This is #635. It spent all of its life in CA as evidenced by the rust free frame and the receipts from 3 previous owners. I have over $15K worth of receipts with this truck. Almost everything has been rebuilt or replaced with original parts. I purchased it with every intention to keep it but my wife hates it and she is not getting used to it. I have already spent an additional $2000 on minor repairs to make sure it is safe and road worthy. I will list what has been done to it and what is left to be done.

Items that have been addressed:
* All suspension components
* All Brake Components including new Servo, Master Cylinder and Brake Lines
* All seals, gaskets around the motor and transmission
* New Water pump
* New Wiper Motor
* Engine was rebuilt (Compression exactly 125psi at all 6 cylinders)
* Transmission was rebuilt
* Salisbury rear end
* 16in Wheels with Like New Bridgestone Tires
* Recent Tune up
* Interior is in excellent shape and has the elephant hide vinyl on it (no rips, tears or stains)
* Heavy Duty mats for the rear passenger and cargo area
* Lockout Hubs
* New front vent seals

What it needs:
* Paint job (Still has the original paint from 1967)
* Optional refurbishing of the temple pads (I have the originals but the foam is old)
* Headliner is sagging and has rips in it
* Front door panels (New ones are $280 or you can refurbish existing ones that I also have)
* Most of the rubber seals around the doors are old but still soft. You can replace all the seals for less than $200.

What is not original:
* Air cleaner is from a 4cyl model, but it works great. A replacement is available, but I am not sure of the cost.
* Driver side windshield was replaced with a non-heated one. Otherwise, all glass is original with no scratches
* Rear step bumper (it is bolted and can be removed)

Truck has a brand new battery, it starts right away and idles perfect. Mileage is original 86,500. Does not smoke at all. All the gauges work, all the lights work. It DOES NOT leak a drop of oil (unusual for a Land Rover). All the doors, windows open and lock. Shifts and drives great. Have not exceeded 55mph with it. It has too many extra parts to list. I am listing as many pics as I can. If there is anything specific you want to see, let me know and I can take a picture of it.

The truck has an auxiliary fuel tank that looks factory and is connected to the original SU Pump. I am using a NAPA electric pump that I found to be more reliable. It would be very easy to re-plumb it back to original. I am not sure if the original SU pump is working, but it is plumbed and wired.

I saw a similar truck listed here for $40K and it was in mint condition but also had a lot of original parts replaced. I guarantee you will not have to spend this kind of money to make it concours quality.

I am trying to describe this as best as I can. Keep in mind this is a 45 year old truck. So it is NOT perfect. I drive it daily and I cannot tell you the amount of thumbs up that I get from young and old alike. My kids love it, but my wife hates it. This is my second Land Rover in 12 years and I am sure it will not be my last.

The last 2 pics show a small and easily repairable ding in the driver side front fender and also the surface rust by the passenger side footwell. The rust is surface only and the footwell is still very solid.

Feel free to email me or you can call me at 6l6-929-Ol4l. Truck is located outside of Grand Rapids MI. I will be happy to help you arrange transportation or pick you up at the airport.

Tbedman
12-30-2012, 09:04 PM
Sold? TB Edman:)