PDA

View Full Version : "Solihull Sally", '62 series IIA, 109", specially outfitted Station Wagon for sale

t.Russ
09-02-2012, 01:43 PM
70006999Offers are invited, especially from interested parties seeking reliable, all-terrain transport to fish, hunt or camp, for the purchase of "Solihull Sally", my '62 Land Rover series IIA, 109", 4-wheel drive Station Waggon, outfitted by the original owner with a stove, sink, fridge, commode and bed, plus a rooftop platform with pop-up tent.

I purchased her in 2007, from the original owner, who had had it stored in his workshop for 28 yrs., my sixth Rover vehicle in 50 yrs., three of which have been Land Rovers and, due to a lack of use, 5,000 miles in 5 yrs., bringing the total to 44,000 miles, I have decided to offer someone who would give her more use the option of buying, before considering reverting to its original factory configuration.

The chassis is now sound and rust-free after having had the rear member replaced 2 years ago. Starts right up, first try, after sitting for 6 months each year. Full documentation of provenance, work carrried out, etc., available, as well as photographs and asking price, on request.

Boston
09-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Sounds like the same one you were selling but kept.
http://forums.roversnorth.com/showthread.php?t=10231
You really would help yourself to post as many pictures of her as possible. Pictures really do help make sales happen.

t.Russ
09-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Yes it is and thanks for the advice. I have a set of pictures available, should you be interested.

parrie
09-19-2012, 08:43 AM
It appears that the kitchen components and commode are from a Walter Martin Dormobile conversion. Does the truck have a Martin Walter tag w/ serial number? I recently purchased a '62 Dormobile, near as I can tell there were only 13 produced for the '62 model year and most agree that there were only +/-800 built between 1958-72. What you have may be a fairly rare specimen. Can you post the chassis number?

t.Russ
09-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Excuse the delay in replying. I haven't come across the tag w/serial number you refer to and to the best of my knowledge the conversion was carried out by the original owner. Here's the chassis #: 26400241. Thanks for your nterest.