PDA

View Full Version : Engine immobilization td5

koltonstanley
09-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Hello everyone.I'm a new td5 owner from new jersey USAMy truck is equipped with an engine immobiliser.I've read a lot about it and it works off the key chain fob that I have.My issue is that I only have one fob and I know it's only a matter of time before the battery dies, I break the thing or lose it and then I won't be able to start the truck.I've red about a code I should have that I can enter by turning the key so many times and opening and closing the door but of course I don't have this code.I'd really like to just get rid of this system all together. Of course if I lived in any other country every forum says just take it to your local shop, they will plug into ecu and they can just turn it off.I asked my local land rover and of course they have no clue what I'm talking about cuz they only deal with nas defenders up to 97Does anyone here have any experience with this system? Any suggestions? How can I get rid of it?Thank you

dmurrell
09-14-2012, 02:23 PM
The route I went is to by a Nanocom Evolution - It has saved my bacon a number of times. Definitely a good investment for those computer controlled diesels. This is NOT a paid endorsement.

bkreutz
09-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Or, you could take a road trip to Canada and have a shop there perform that operation. (I'd suggest calling first).

koltonstanley
09-18-2012, 02:57 PM
haha ok well i may need to buy that nanocom at some point.
I was able to find a UK company called http://www.remotekey.eu/
they sold me a key fob and a little programmer....took about 10 seconds and now i at least have a spare......
thanks for the suggestions...